Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hot air balloon II


After our first hot air balloon didn't work, we're put into new group with three different new members. First I thought it was going to be hard to convince them to follow my design and listen to my thoughts first, because I'm kind of a persistent person. Afterwards they all agreed with my opinions and gave me some useful information to begin with. So we started to build the hot air balloon with five half candles and half straws as the base, using duck tape to connect the structure. However we only spent half of the class to finish what we needed for the base, later on we connected to the bag that Mohamed brought in and we're ready for testing.

This is our 2nd attempt for our hot air balloon there should be no mistakes and shall fly to the sky. In reality we failed again, this time the error should be the plastic bag again or due to the weather is too warm. The weather matters it's because of the hot air is less dense than cold air so weight less, when the cold air that is displaced weights more than the balloon, the balloon will fly to the sky. Sadly if we had a third chance to build the hot air balloon it will work for sure with all the knowledge that I've learned and experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment